This summer Robby and Jackie (founders of Mission Network) will be taking their family to Athens, Greece to share in an outreaches to Afghans and other immigrants there.
The Butlers will be contributing to strategic outreach while learning more about:
- Diaspora Missiology: how God uses displacement to increase openness to the Gospel.
- Ethnographic Research: uncovering the needs of peoples by befriending them.
- Training for Trainers: a “best practice” in Church Planting Movements.
- Long-Term Results from Short-Term Missions: a recent Mission Frontiers theme.
- Family Ministry: The role of families in God’s plan was another recent MF theme.
- Strategic Youth Mobilization: Igniting hearts for a lifetime of strategic service.
Short-term missions are often criticized for being more about the participant’s experience than about kingdom impact on the field. Through this trip, the Butlers are seeking to promote a model which maximizes both kingdom and personal impact.
- Dana, Joelle, Wesley, Jackie and Robby (2012)