The global tide is turning:
— from Islam spreading steadily into Christian lands,
— to movements of Muslims embracing the God and Jesus of the Bible.
One important factor in many of these movements is “Quranic Bridging”—using portions of the book Muslims currently trust to point them to the Old and New Testament.
Another promising development is increasing understanding that the Gospel places more emphasis on Honor and Shame than on Innocence and Guilt. We can expect to see significantly more fruit as we discover our own theological blind spots and adapt our Gospel presentations for cultures that resonate with the Bible’s own emphasis on removing our shame and restoring the honor for which God designed us.
Learn more of what God is doing through these three issues of Mission Frontiers which Mission Network helped orchestrate:
- Jul/Aug 2013 <tinyurl.com/MF2013Islam> for Movements among Ms,
- Mar/Apr 2014 <tinyurl.com/MF2014Movements> for Movements in the U.S., and
- Jan/Feb 2015 <tinyurl.com/MF2015Honor> for the role of honor in the gospel.
Mission Network has limited quantities of each of these issues available for ministry use on an optional donation basis.
Also see David Garrison’s April 2014 article in Christianity Today:
Why Muslims are Becoming the Best Evangelists.
Here is a great column detailing the factors which often influence Muslims to follow Jesus: “How are Muslims Coming to Christ?”
And here is the best material I have run across regarding
Implications of the differences between Christian and Muslim beliefs
Camel II is a refinement of the original Camel Method by Kevin Greeson, to lead Muslims from the Qur’an to the Bible, and to the God and Jesus of the Bible, and then equip these new believers to lead other Muslims to Christ in a movement.
Kevin said during the training:
The Camel Method is to lead Muslims to the Bible, and the Jesus and God of the Bible. If it doesn’t, the method is being misused.
These materials were given as preparation for the Camel II training:
- Listen to David Garrison’s 33 minute presentation:
“A Wind in the House of Islam”
- Listen to this 7 minute “Prophets’ Story” video for Muslims
- Read this study of the Arabic word “Mutawaffika.”
- Read in the Wahiduddin Khan translation these verses/passages of the Qur’an:
3:42–55, 3:144, 4:157, 5:46, 5:117, 10:94, 37:100–113, 19:33, and 46:9.
For your reference, these are available in two forms, both from the Wahiduddin Khan English translation:
• Just the portions listed (highlighted)
• The Full Qur’an
Materials Distributed in the Training
Supplemental Materials Referenced
- Four Fields Training
- Disciple Training
- Turkish Witnessing Materials
- Contextualized Worship Examples
- Reference Quran (a scholarly English translation with references to our Bible)
- Bible Correspondence & Videos
- More than Dreams
- Sharing the Gospel through Henna art (see last three links)
- Fishing with Food the Fish Like (“Look Inside” and search for “fishing”)
- Phil Parshall’s letter regarding the Camel Method
Yet to come:
- Characteristics of the Movement Leader (Person of Peace)
(See a great summary here from one of the participants)
A Simple Tool: First & Last Sacrifice Illustrated
This tool generated this testimony from New Zealand on 3/26/14:
“I used this Any3 illustration with one Iranian friend as we shared morning tea today. She readily accepted Jesus as her Lord and Saviour, was very grateful for the illustration and was eager to go home and share this diagram with her husband.
“Later today at lunch I met with a Kurdish friend and was able to lead her in accepting Jesus in the same way.
“After 20+ years of ministry with no visible fruit, this tool helped me lead two Mslm friends to the Lord in just one day!”